Bengali lamb Curry Email this recipe
Lamb marinated in the comforting flavour of yogurt and cooked in mustard oil along with mustard seeds, almonds and castor sugar that adds a sweet undertone.
- 4-5 drumsticks of lamb
- 1 1/2 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tsp castor sugar
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2-3 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tsp ginger paste
- 3 tsp garlic paste
- 5-6 green chillies, chopped
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 5-6 almonds, chopped
- Marinate the lamb with yoghurt, turmeric powder, castor sugar, salt, red chilli powder and some mustard oil.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan, add onion, ginger paste, garlic paste and saute. Once the garlic turns brown, add the marinated lamb, green chillies and water. Allow it to simmer.
- Boil mustard seeds in water and blend to a fine paste. Add the paste to the lamb and cook till done.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and serve hot.