Chingri Malai Curry
Palatable prawns are cooked in hot spices and then bathed in the creamy flavor of coconut milk. Chingri refers to the river prawns.
- 400 Cups prawns
- 3 tbsp mustard oil
- 1/2 tbsp whole cumin
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- to taste salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1.Blanch the prawns in turmeric water.
- 2.Heat mustard oil in a pan and add sugar and whole cumin.
- 3.Add ginger paste, cumin powder, red chilli powder and turmeric powder and sauté
- 4.Now add the prawns and slit green chillies and stir for few minutes.
- 5.Add the coconut milk, cook for few more minutes and then add salt.
- 6.In the end sprinkle garam masala and ghee on top and serve.